This mango salad recipe is about to develop into your favourite summer time aspect dish! It is vivid and refreshing, made with contemporary herbs and a zesty lime dressing.
This mango salad recipe is all the things I would like in a summer time aspect dish. It has a brief listing of contemporary elements, you’ll be able to toss it collectively in 20 minutes, and it’s sooo vivid and refreshing.
I like the number of textures and flavors on this dish. The mango is nice and slippery, and once you chunk into it, it’s nearly creamy. I accent it with crisp bell peppers and pink onion, plus jalapeños for a kick of warmth. Peanuts add crunch, and a zesty lime dressing ties the entire thing collectively. Beneficiant handfuls of contemporary herbs (suppose spicy basil and cooling mint) take it all around the prime.
This mango salad recipe could be a daring different to an everyday fruit salad at a summer time gathering, nevertheless it’s too good to only save for particular events. Make it as a aspect dish for any weeknight dinner. You’ll love the burst of freshness it brings to your meal.
Mango Salad Recipe Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this mango salad recipe:
- Mango, in fact! Any selection will work, however I particularly love yellow mangos, additionally known as Ataulfo mangos. They’ve a scrumptious creamy texture and tart, honey-like taste.
- Purple bell pepper and pink onion – For crunch.
- Jalapeño – For warmth.
- Recent basil and mint – They make this salad so aromatic, flavorful, and contemporary! Cilantro could be nice right here too.
- Toasted peanuts – For nutty richness and crunch. Don’t do peanuts? Toasted cashews could be a yummy substitute.
- Recent lime juice – It makes the mango salad dressing zingy and vivid.
- Tamari or soy sauce – It provides salty, savory taste to the dressing. Ensure that to make use of licensed gluten-free tamari if you happen to want this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Avocado oil – It offers the dressing physique and richness. Sub one other impartial oil if you happen to don’t maintain avocado oil available.
- Honey – It sweetens the dressing. Agave nectar is a superb vegan sub!
- Recent ginger – It offers the dressing a refreshing, peppery kick.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
How one can Minimize a Mango
I even have a information to how you can minimize a mango in its personal weblog put up, however the technique I take advantage of for this salad is a little bit totally different. As an alternative of utilizing diced mango right here, I minimize the fruit into skinny strips that mimic the form of the peppers and pink onion.
You may have two choices for a way to do that:
- Peel the mango first. Gently take away the pores and skin with a vegetable peeler. Then, use a pointy knife to chop the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. You’ll find yourself with two giant planks and two small planks of fruit. Fastidiously minimize them into skinny strips.
- Don’t peel it. Begin by chopping the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. Then place the fruit, pores and skin aspect down, in your chopping board. Rating the fruit into skinny strips, chopping all the way down to, however not by way of, the pores and skin. Slice horizontally between the fruit and the pores and skin to launch the mango strips.
Mango Salad Recipe Suggestions
- Use ripe mangos. Inexperienced mango, or unripe mango, is usually utilized in Thai mango salad and different dishes in Indian, Southeast Asian, and Thai delicacies. Whereas this recipe definitely attracts inspiration from Thai mango salad, it’s not meant to be an genuine model. This mango salad is greatest with ripe mangos. Word that relying on the place you reside, you may not have the ability to discover ripe mangos at your farmers market or grocery retailer. For those who can’t, choose up a pair unripe ones and depart them in your counter for a couple of days. Once they’re mushy and aromatic, make this mango salad recipe!
- Regulate the warmth to style. Not a fan of spicy meals? Merely omit the jalapeño! Or, if you happen to’d prefer to reasonable—however not completely eradicate—the warmth, you can use half a pepper as a substitute of an entire one. You can additionally take away the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño earlier than including it to the salad.
- Get forward. You’ll be able to completely make this mango salad recipe forward of time for a potluck or picnic. Simply wait so as to add the herbs and peanuts till you’re able to serve. That means, the herbs will keep lush and inexperienced and the peanuts will retain their crunch.
How one can Serve Mango Salad
This mango salad recipe is an excellent summer time aspect dish! Pair it with…
A scoop of this mango salad would even be an ideal addition to a grain bowl. Pair it with black beans or grilled halloumi cheese, rice, avocado, and thinly sliced English cucumber. High it off with a drizzle of cilantro lime dressing or a squeeze of lime juice.
Take pleasure in!
Extra Recent Salad Recipes
For those who love this mango salad, strive certainly one of these contemporary salad recipes subsequent:
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Whole Time: 20 minutes
Serves 4 to six
This mango salad recipe is a vivid, refreshing summer time aspect dish! Candy, juicy mango mingles with crisp pink peppers, spicy jalapeños, and contemporary herbs. A zesty lime dressing ties all of it collectively.
- 3 medium or 2 giant ripe mangos, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 pink bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into skinny strips
- ¼ medium pink onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups blended contemporary basil and mint leaves, reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup chopped, toasted peanuts, reserve some for garnish
- In a big bowl, toss collectively the mango, pink pepper, onion, and jalapeño.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the lime juice, avocado oil, tamari, honey, ginger, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the mango salad and toss. Add the herbs and peanuts and toss once more. Season to style, garnish with the reserved herbs and peanuts, and serve instantly.